Thursday 11 January 2007

I don't usually do this, 07th October, 2006

I don't usually do this, 07th October, 2006

I don't usually set-out what I'm going to do here in advance of doing it. It stems from a real fear-of-failure. This time though I thought it might be worth it... also, if I told you lot I might have to try extra hard to complete my target.

After two blissful days; did no exercise yesterday (I believe my body was grateful), and today was only a gentle 1.5mile walk with the dogs; it's time to think about this week's BIG run. After the success of last week, and the gentle but enjoyable nature of this week I think I'm going to take the plunge. Yes, that means 6.2miles, 10K. I know it might be a little, iddy, bit crazy to make another distance leap but I really feel like I can do it. (Also, the next two week-ends involve some form of party/celebration for 'the other's' 30th.)

I'm mentally telling myself that 2 loops of the 5k route looks fairly manageable. Also I have an escape clause in my head. As long as I run 5.5miles I can then walk for a bit if I need to. That would mean I'd still run further than ever before and I would also give myself my first 10k time. And, as the 5k route is a lovely loop (still *eurgghh* to the dull, dull road) I will be on my way back on the last leg before I get to my new distance, I'm hoping this will spur me on to greatness (well, finishing at least!).

No comments: