Thursday 11 January 2007

Bad Dog, 17th September, 2006

Well, as the title suggests, this week was all about the pooches. I have 2 dogs (cocker-spaniels) and they usually run with me. In the woods they bound along smelling their own smells and chasing the odd rabbit. This week one of them buggered off. She just vanished.

I searched and called and searched and called, and called the police, forestry commission, vet. I enlisted the help of friends. I cried bucket-loads. She vanished at 3,10 pm. At 7.30pm I finally drove home. It was the worst storm I've seen in years, there was flash flooding, there was thunder and lightening; you could see nothing.

The next morning I went back to the forest with a friend. While still walking and calling her I got a call from the forestry commission - she had been found. She was still in the woods and had attacked someone’s bins at dawn. It was wonderful to get her back.

So this little bad dog has caused a real change in running. She doesn't get to come on the long runs now. And she gets off the lead on a walk but when I'm moving faster than that - she's on the lead. It's a sad state of affairs but it gives peace of mind - and she loves the run no matter how she gets it.

Actual run update for the week:

3,5miles in 39.38

3.25 miles but round the roads and HILLS where I live. It was very tough but nice to have a change of pace.

No comments: