Monday 23 February 2009

Short and Sweet -ish

Damn dial-up will be the death of me. Blood pressure raised through the roof by simple frustration.
I went for a run this morning, before I did anything else. It wasn't the most pleasant experience. I spent most of it berating myself for being a lazy bee-atch and a slacker, and having no will power and being fat and slow. So a pleasant 3omin in my own company then?!
I ran 5K in 30.40 which was a bareable time as it involved about 1mile of steady climbing (not Arthur's Seat climbing, but climbing none the less). However I'm horribly unfit, horribly out of shape and horribly out of training, and I'm not really making much progress. GOT TO GET BACK ON TRACK.
So, the North - we love it's tea shops but it does suffer a bit from being stuck in the past and having not much to do. We're one day in and we've been everywhere I can recommend. But luckily TheO has her new computer (Apple iBook - she got computer envy, so got us an iBook to "share" -bless, I can't wait to get it home and set it up properly with interent and everything) to play with, and I have this clunky old laptop with which to blog so I'm sure we'll just about scrape by.
Oh god - computer just displayed that : Could not contact blogger at this time ... message. Please don't let that be the case ...
Went to Druridge Bay and let the dogs run - pretty but hight tide so pretty crappy walking underfoot. Went to Hexham for books & cake. Bombed about the countryside with me pointing out random industrial bits linked to family. Not the most exciting, but quite relaxing.
It's a sad state of affairs when you're seriously grateful that Masterchef and University Challenge are on on the same night. Must go before I consider the sadness of that last line.
Toodle pip.

No comments: