Friday 20 February 2009

Shoe Whore

Shoe Whore will run for shoes. There are some shiny new New Balance babes coming from the dudes in the sidebar ---- Fitness Footwear ---- and I will review them once I return from cat-sitting in Northumberland (where I'll try and run my pants off so I get back on track).

However we see below us the replacements for the Nikes. I tried a smaller size in the Vomero - and still they ate my socks - I think it was a lower heel cup... or something. So I went with the Wave Rider 12s from Mizuno:
First impressions are that they are slipper comfortable, much firmer than the Vomero which was a bit like walking round on a pillow (lovely, but disconcerting), and v light in comparison to all my old shoes. They are also a pretty colour. So far they have coped with one mile on a treadmill with no ill effects. (To me, or them.)

A proper road test will be carried out soon. Meanwhile I'm still recovering from the bash my body got at circuits. Pilates, Weights, Yoga and other mean tricks with resistance ropes and balance balls were played on us. I loved it but will suffer - a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vomero or what've there called!!!!I'm currently into a pair of zoom plus 3, what ever that means? Wouldn't knock Nike to soon....found the cushioning very good.....