Thursday 19 April 2007

Seriously!

You too could be a part of a toe-nail-less world. Just take up running and watch them rot.

Aaaaaaeeeeiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee is quite frankly all I can say on the matter. It did not hurt coming off and I'd rather see the healthy pink *shudder* skin (gulp) than the weird old dead bit of toe-nail but holychrist it looks weird. Really weird. But that might just be becuase I have a nail/pain phobia thing.

So before the rot set in what happened:

Hmmm, when I last wrote (the 17th) I was off food shopping. As always this took more time than expected so I *just* managed a quick 2.25 miles (20min) on the elliptical machine. Oooo 2 sub 9min miles in row - very exciting, and equally sweaty.

Then today a real run, outside, with fresh air and hideous sunshine (will it never cease) took place.

5 miles 50:42

9.18 -whoo hooo
9.33 - yeah, feeling like my old self, recovered from 'the cold', really loving the run
10.44 - wtf
10.40 - wft x 2
10.27 - through the trees to avoid the sun so fair enough its all rolling and tough on the legs

Still feeling discouraged by my slow-ass-ness (and my ability to over hyphenate).
But hell, this is the furthest I've run since the 1st of April and it was good to stretch it out - even if my dreams of beating several friends in the 10K in May are beginning to turn to dust.

Ah, nothing like unhealthy competition to keep the momentum up!

No comments: