Friday 17 August 2007

I'm all about the statistics.

As TheO went off to play a tennis match (and win :) ) I decided to go for another run and to test out my newly adjusted orthoses.

I managed 4 miles without stopping today. Was delighted. Finally managed to relax and enjoy my run. I'm not quite up to pace but I managed to keep my overall pace to 10.29 a mile. Whilst going through this new adjustment phase I've been busy looking for statistics to cheer me up.

Since this all started on Aug 1st 2006 the longest I have been without an exercise session (be it a good invigorating walk, a yoga session, swim, run etc) is:
7 days in August '06 (really horrid cold)
7 days in August '07 (no excuse really)
This is a huge and almost unimaginable change from 1996-2006.
Holding on to the positives really makes me see how it can all come together in the end.
I've run for the first time for 3 days in a row this week... my legs can tell and I'm delightfully tired.
The orthoses need another adjustment, but luckily my podiatrist is a really, lovely woman and no minor alteration is too much trouble. I can't recommend the service highly enough.

No comments: